Monday, September 21, 2009

Flying...awesome!

While I reserve my blog primarily for "work stuff," my weekend was just too cool not to share. Dustin, my husband's cousin, is a pilot and was cool enough to bring a helicopter down and land it in our pasture! Now I am VERY, VERY scared of heights, but I wasn't about to pass up the opportunity to go flying, because frankly, how often do you have a helicopter land in your front yard offering to take you for a ride?!

I grabbed my camera and off we went. I absolutely LOVED it...and it was so cool seeing everything from that perspective. I will admit that I hung onto the window the entire time (why...I have no idea). And I probably fussed a little at Dustin every time he did anything but fly straight...but hey, I felt like that was a huge accomplishment for me to even get IN! I really, really want to go again now. It took almost the entire ride for me to get over my terror and actually relax enough to enjoy it.

Dustin works for Channel 6 but also does flying tours on the side with Tulsa Helicopter. If you ever take a Christmas light tour in Tulsa...he just might be your pilot!

Thank you so much, Dustin, for taking the time to give our family such cool memories! We are game to go again anytime! :-)

Dustin giving us our "pre-flight instructions."


Taking off from our pasture.


The lovely Bristow City Lake.


The shot that made the entire trip worth while for me. The 23 acre pond that was my front yard, and land where I grew up.


Dustin being his calm and cool self. Me having a stressed/tense smile...but having an awesome time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was my pleasure! Seeing everyone enjoy it as much as me makes it all worth it