Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Perspective

Do you ever get so wrapped up in your own life of chaos and frustrations that you don't bother to be thankful for what is around you? I try very hard to be thankful most days, but honestly, there are some days I have a hard time. The past couple of days have been that way for me.

I came home this evening and found a blog post by a very talented online photographer friend named Jane Bingham. Take a few minutes to read her blog. She had posted a very special message to another dear friend, who also happens to be a photographer, named Chris. Both of these ladies are cancer survivors. And while I don't presently know Jane's status with her cancer, my friend Chris is really struggling.

Jane posted a very important and special message on her blog for Chris. I'll be honest, it made me cry. It made me think of my friend, Chris. And it made me remember what's important...not how busy or messed up my day has been.

Thank you, Chris, for being my friend. Thank you for being the funny, sarcastic, caring, always interested in others, person that you are. You know the road our friendship has traveled...and it's been a special one to me. :)

Thank you, Jane, for being such a talented photographer and for having just the right words to send just the right message.

Thank you for my perspective today.

No comments: