Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Remember when...

...I woke up at the crack of dawn for you to take me on my first fishing trip and I was asleep upside-down on a rock by the time the sun came up.

...you took me on an "errand" so my new playhouse could be delivered for my birthday and you were so excited you slipped and told me just as we pulled into the driveway.

...we used to beg you to take us to Keystone after every rain so we could go muddin' in our old Ford pick up, and we would laugh so hard our cheeks would hurt.

...you tried so hard to grow grass in the back yard and then bought Clint the go-kart and it ended up turning into a dirt track instead. But man, we had some good races! :)

...people would ask me when I was little where I got my big blue eyes, and without fail, my answer would always be "My daddy."

...I would sit on your lap and we would sing to all the old classics on your records and 8-track tapes.

...our favorite thing to do was wrestle around and then pile up on top of you on the couch to watch TV.

...we begged for all the "heen yaws." :)

...I ran right into your arms after I won my first 50 yard dash in the 3rd grade Little Olympics.

...we played all the games of HORSE in the back yard.

...you came to every basketball game possible to watch me play.

...you were probably more excited about Santa coming to our house than even we were, so we started having our Christmases a little after midnight!

...we would walk to the end of the dam and sit in the pasture and play with the dogs and just talk and appreciate a beautiful day together.

...you would fry a ton of fish for everyone but save the crappie for me and broil it because that's how you knew I liked it. :)

...you waited in your chair with the shot gun when you met Mike. Mike really remembers that one!

...in every picture of you walking me down the aisle you were biting your lip because you were trying so hard not to cry.

...Cale and Luke were born and as a result "Dadaw" was born, too.

Happy Birthday, Big Dad-a-rooski! I love you. I miss you. EVERY day.

Photobucket
Me at age 2 with my Daddy. :)

5 comments:

Sara Hurt (Biese) said...

The first sentence had me in tears. You not only have a way with photos but with words as well. Thinking about you.

RHS said...

Thank you, Sara. :)

Steph Allen said...

Man I had tears all through that...makes me think of my amazing Papa...who is in Texas & I miss so much....I was never close to my dad...you are lucky for all the great memories.

michell said...

Beautiful post, Regan! What a blessed girl you were and are. Love ya, my friend! :)

RHS said...

Thanks guys. :)